Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Why I Love October




I always get a little weird in October. The abrupt change from summer to fall confuses my brain. I get wrapped up in my memories of high school and Regina Spektor song's. I love the blustery, rainy, multiple-personality-disorder-like days of October. It'll be freezing, but the sky will be crystal clear. The air changes, too. It has that odd, menthol-like quality to it. The sweet smell of flowers and campfires is gone and that shocking crystal clear smell of red leaves just hits you so hard.

I really love October. It's so aesthetically and physically pleasing to me. I feel like I can reinvent myself every day. This month I have 3 goals for myself:

1. Budgeting- I have created a spreadsheet. I'm hoping to update it everyday. So far, I'm doing a fantastic job. :)

2. Journaling- I was in Portland a few weeks ago and I made a new friend named Jane. She was a hoot and we discovered we have the same silly habit of buying journals and never writing in them. Journaling is incredibly good for your health. My hope is that you will all hold me accountable. I am excited to get back into it. (By the way, while in Portland, I bought 5 journals. I have a problem.)

3. Blogging- My blog has sat dormant and sad for too long. I have written out a long list of blog ideas. So far I have 20. I really love blogging, I just feel like nothing I say is valuable... I don't know if that is the best reason not to write, though. I'm sure Tina Fey would back me up on that one.

And so, my dear readers, I wish you lovely October days full of coffee, scarves, boots and rain! I'll see you tomorrow. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love autumn! And I am glad you will be blogging more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you'll be blogging again.

    ReplyDelete