Thursday, March 8, 2012

Try something new for 30 days: 1 picture a day.

So I've tried this before and it didn't go well. As you'll notice from this blog, I told you there would be pictures and then none appeared. I didn't want to overload the blog with 31 pictures so here is the first week of March:

March 1st.
These three things are "roses" made by Dale Chihuly. There are four each in a different color- green, blue, red, and white in the music building. They are supposed to emulate the stained glass window in Eastvold, the auditorium on campus. I was in the music building after my morning class playing piano for awhile. As this picture was being taken, I was being hassled by a few friends who were at the top of the stairs, teasing me for taking a picture of something we see every day.

March 2nd.
This is my friend Annika Swenson. She is hilarious. We have all of our classes together and our Community Psychology professor tends to mix us up because our last names are so similar. In this picture, my phone is upside down on my binder as Annika and I sit through a very technical psych colloquium about the difference between Standard American English and African American English. She is making a face at me as we completely ignore what's going on at the front of the lecture hall.

March 3rd.
This is Rebecca Cooper. She is the wittiest, silliest person I know. I am a huge fan of all that she is. This is at the end of her sister's wedding. What you don't see is our sweaty-ness as we had just been breaking it down on the dance floor.

March 4th.
I love pigeons. They are filthy birds but I love their grey feathers and their cute little beaks. On this day, my best friend and I were in Seattle. She was getting her hair cut at a fancy boutique and I was tagging along with nothing better to do. :)

March 5th.
I went to Spanaway Park. Because of the January snow, all the trees look like they've been stripped. If you can tell towards the top of the tree, broken branches are sticking out. As I was walking around, I saw a man standing by a tree looking up into the branches. He told me in a very thick (Russian?) accent that he often came there to feed a little squirrel but he hadn't seen her since the storm. He was very concerned- how sweet. :)

March 6th.
This vat of deliciousness is a mango pico de gallo recipe my Aunt Julia passed on to me. It's so delicious, you can put it on anything!!! It has mango's, tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, cilantro, a pinch of sugar, lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. It is perfect over rice and chicken!

March 7th.
This is Alex Domine. He has been a constant friend all four years of PLU. He is witty and brilliant and a very impressive vocalist. The building directly behind him is Xavier. It is the social sciences building so I pretty much eat, breathe, and sleep there.

March 8th.
These two lovely ladies are Geena and Annika. This picture was taken after finishing our Abnormal psych final. Annika, Geena, and I have the same statistics class, which we also had a test in last week. THREE EXAMS IN ONE WEEK, TWO IN ONE DAY. We were all pretty excited to be done. :)

1 comment:

  1. Jolly fun, heremy girl. Love the Chihuly windows and 'meeting' your friends As for pigeons, love them and their cute pink stockinged feet.

    Love you too.

    ReplyDelete