Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Well Hello

It certainly has been awhile.

Varying things have kept me from blogging. Mostly it was a lack of time. But if I'm being honest, the main factor was that writing is terrifying.

You cannot write without discovering the truth about your thoughts, heart, and motives.
That's why writing is so cathartic and why it's so easy to rant on these things. Writing- taking your thoughts out of your head- forces you to see, organize, and, the scariest of all, justify what you think.

That is where my problem starts.
I love to organize. Our God is a god of order and as his children, we are designed to enjoy bringing order out of chaos. But truth... Truth is terrifying. Whatever thought process it may be, I am most likely wrong and I don't enjoy that feeling. In my haste, my busyness, I have overlooked repentance. Satan has wrapped me up in me and as a result, I have run into a place of spiritual apathy. With this revelation comes honesty. It is terrifying and uncomfortable but it is also good for the kidneys. :) I encourage you, make the decision today to RUN after Jesus. Thwart your thoughts: they are most likely evil. Dig around in your heart and find what does not line up with scripture. Who cares if you feel like it or not. It is not a feeling, it is a choice and it is the most crucial one you can make from day to day.

It's lovely to see your sunshiny faces again. Kisses and hugs,

Molly Alyssum

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Girl! I have missed you, but this was worth the wait. Be kind and don't keep us waiting so long next time:) Hugs to you and love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the post. You are one smart and lovely young lady!! Thank you for the reminder to run to Jesus! I needed that today!
    Lots of Love <3

    ReplyDelete